Quadratus lumborum stretch.When you talk about lower back pain we have to refer to one of the sleeping muscles which people do not talk about.It is the quadratus lumbourum also known as the christmas tree muscle.The name sounds like a harry potter spell.
The quadratus lumbourum links the pelvic to the spine via it four sides.Its key roll is to help with stability in the lumbar.One of the big negatives to the quadratus lumbourum is prone that when we perform exercsies and movements which the body is not ready for.The quadratus lumbourum start to go in to spasm and cause lower back pain.To help you with this we have listed the best quadratus lumboroum stretches below.
Standing side bend quadratus lumborum stretch
- From a standing position, raise your arms overhead and interlace your fingers.
- Press into your feet and legs as you tilt to the right.
- You’ll feel a stretch from your hips to the tips of your fingers.
- Tuck in your chin and gaze down toward the floor.
- Draw your belly button in
- Hold this position for up to 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side
Hurdle side bend quadratus lumborum stretch
- From a seated position, extend one leg and bring your either hand to your heel.
- Bend from the waist.Place a block under your hands if in the stretch is intesity.
- Tuck your chin in toward your chest and gaze up toward the ceiling.
- Hold this pose for up to 20-30 sec.
- Repeat on the other side
Knee into chest quadratus lumborum stretch
- Lie on your back with both feet flat on the floor.
- Gently bring both knees in toward your chest.
- Wrap your arms around your legs.
- Hold your opposite elbows or wrists with your hands. If you can’t reach, use a strap or clasp the backs of your thighs.
- Tuck in your chin slightly to lengthen the back of your neck.
- Hold this position for up to 1 minute.
- Relax for a few breaths.
- Repeat 2–3 times.
Lower back rotation quadratus lumborum stretch
- Lie on your back with your upper body relaxed and your chin tucked in toward your chest.
- Bend your knees and bring your feet in toward your hips.
- Gently drop your knees to the right, keeping your upper body stable. If your knees don’t touch the floor, rest them on a block or cushion.
- On the next breath, return to the starting position.
- Drop your knees to the left. This completes 1 rep.
- Do 2–3 sets of 8–10 reps.
Looking For A Realistic Way Of Losing Weight Fast?
Adding the best apple cider vinegar to your diet will certainly benefit you in the long term, but it won’t make much of a difference without a proper plan of action. To get this focus on losing weight and to do the right things from the get-go, you need a blueprint. If you’re after a sure-fire way to lose weight in less than 30 days, then why not try out our Fab Fat Loss 30 Journey To A Lighter Fitter You!! YOU ARE NOT ALONE. You will have me as a guide and a helpful, loving private community of hundreds to support you on your Fab Fat Loss journey.
My 30 Day Fab Fat Loss Journey plan is designed to help women aged 18+ to lose 7 to 21lbs in 30 days. If you have more weight to lose than 21lbs, then the course is designed so that you can repeat the whole journey onto the next month. It’s simple to follow and simple to stay on track.
We have a few more pages to support this page
Latest posts by Abbey (see all)
- Best Plus Size Bra For Health And Fitness Review 2020 - June 2, 2020
- The History Of Yoga And Its Journey To The Western World 2020 - May 27, 2020
- Best Stretch Zone Exercises To Support Your Weight loss 2020 - May 24, 2020